A moment on the Camino

Friday, May 7, 2010

Living in the Moment in Munich

Today is May 7,2010. This time last year I was walking the Camino in Northern Spain. Putting one foot in front of the other 8 hours a day. I remember each step with great clarity. As I read about my daughter's start in Bpest on her internship, I realize that she has begun her Camino. A day that began behind the clock continued as such until she reached Munich.
My daughter can stir up a dust cloud or two when she gets motivated, but who knew that the Iceland volcano could kick up a dust storm to beat hers. The dust caused the flight from TO to be delayed due to a new flight plan. This caused her to miss the connecting flight to Bpest. Personally I think that God gave JB a time out. Time to breathe and live in the moment in Munich. Not much that JB could do except accept the time out and enjoy, since she couldn't leave the airport.
All day before leaving TO she was given signs to slow down. Sometimes when one ignores the signs repeatedly, God gives you a whammy to get your attention eh?
Our trip on the Camino is just over a month away. I haven't been walking as much, but I hope to return to walking next week. Sometimes my naivete gets the better of me and I think that God will watch over me and provide what I need to walk the 110 KMs. Then I feel guilty since I think that I haven't met the challenge at least halfway.
I wrote last year that it is okay not to know everything or the reason why, because it is okay to live in a mystery. Since rediscovering my writings from Maryholme, I continue to be in awe of the mystery in which I live.
For many years I felt unworthy of the blessings I had been given. I wondered and worried about my worthiness as a wife and mother. Did I deserve to have all that I had? Why had God sent me David, Jessica, Meghan, Rebecca, Amelia and Alexandra? Why me?
Bits of the mystery are unfolding for me. My interpretation of the bits is simply that, my interpretation. I don't presume to understand fully, but I am resolved that I AM WORTHY!
Daily meditations by way of centering prayer provide clarity and peace in my mind. Saying my bedtime prayer which is the one I learned as a child, provides peace before I sleep.
Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Live in peace and live in the moment.
Remember the moments as it is the moments that make up our lives.
Buen Camino!

1 comment:

,<50>,,,