A moment on the Camino

Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14,1986 A Child Is Born

Dear J,
Happy birthday. I had a great day the day you were born and a great day 24 years later. To begin the day, I grabbed the Starbucks birthday card that came for you. I also grabbed my camera so that I could photograph the day.   








Oh and Dr. Lee sent you a birthday card.




















After a little work I went off to Starbucks to cash in your birthday card. It was only valid for 60 days from your birthday and since you won't be home, I decided to enjoy for you.

Here is the treat I enjoyed for you! Aren't the cupcakes divine? The icing is made with strawberries! The grande latte had whip cream, but by the time I got back to my desk it had melted down, but trust me that the whip cream was sprinkled with chocolate and a little sparkly brown sugar. MMMMMMMM delicious! I was set for the day and I am not sure if I will ever come down from the caffeine and the sugar!
The piece de resistance...... THe traditional birthday cake. Cafe chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with a hint of coffee.

Here are some photos of your birthday cake. Rebecca, Amelia, Alexandra and I decorated it.
The outline of the bow is gummy worms. The pink icing is sprinkled with the multi colored round sprinkles.
Of course as this is June 14 and it is hot and sticky in Toronto, the pink icing seperated, but the chocolate icing was perfect.

It was a better deal to buy  4 cupcakes,so rather than buy one for $3.00 I bought 4 for 7.75, but alas  not all 4 made it into the photo as Meghan ate one before I took the photo.






 Up close you can see all the candy and the worms. Don't ya love the way the light catches the lines of the worms?


HAPPY Happy happy Birthday!
Luv Mutty

1 comment:

  1. Thank you :)

    Perfect Cake! And it was cafe chocolate!

    I went out for dinner with some of the interns here and they got me a cake too! (it didn't have sprinkles, but it was still very nice and thoughful!). THe people at the restaurant came out and brought it with a fire work in it!

    Hope you enjoyed my cake and coffee :)

    ReplyDelete

,<50>,,,